These are gluten free and oh, so yummy! I used to make this recipe all the time. These caramels keep well in the fridge, and they’d last until we gobbled them up. It was an easy way for me to provide a healthy and yummy treat for my son. Plus, I love that I knew what the ingredients were and that I could choose them. Luciano told me (as an adult ) that he even tried to recreate the recipe, because he had watched me make it so many times, he knew all the ingredients. We couldn’t find the real recipe though and the other day while looking online I found it! http://www.scdrecipe.com/recipes/print/409
Excited to share it here! I added some extra pointers.
- 1 C of peanut butter (SCD Legal….It can’t have sugar in the ingredients)
- 4 T of butter
- 1 C of honey
- 4 TSP of Vanilla (has to be pure vanilla)
- 1/2 TSP of Himalayan Salt
- Bring butter, honey, vanilla and salt to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes while stirring
- Add the peanut butter and bring back to a simmer for 5 more minutes
- Butter a 8×8 pan and pour into pan. Put pan in the freezer for an hour to help solidify.
- Cut them into squares and wrap them in wax paper. Store in the refrigerator.